Thyme is a perennial herbaceous plant, ranging in length from 25-30 cm. Its gray legs tend to reddish, its leaves are greenish and tend to gray, and its head is blooming at the top of its branches. Thyme grows in the summer in Mediterranean countries, especially in the Levant , And has a taste of hot cayenne and at the end of the cold, aromatic aromatic characteristic, and the most important volatile oils that fall in the formation of thyme: thymol oil, carafacrol, and Alrasimin, and boys.
There are more than 400 species of thyme, belonging to the mint family, used by ancient Egyptians in embalming, and used by the Greeks in incense, and has been in the preparation of many dishes from ancient times to the present time; because of its distinctive taste and its many benefits.
The nutritional value of the bats
The following table shows the nutritional composition of each 100 g of fresh thyme:
|Food ingredient||Nutritional value|
|Total fat||1.68 grams|
|vitamin C||160.1 milligrams|
|Vitamin B1||0.048 milligrams|
|Vitamin B2||0.471 milligrams|
|Vitamin B3||1.824 milligrams|
|Vitamin B6||0.348 milligrams|
|Folic acid||45 micrograms|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin A||4751 IU|
|Vitamin D||0 IU|
Benefits of Thyme
Some studies have shown that thyme is useful for patients who need pressure-reducing drugs. It also has benefits in promoting gastrointestinal function and weight loss. These benefits are thought to occur due to increased urination due to thyme consumption, which helps to expel toxins, salts and excess water from the body.
Water retention in the body comes as a result of the pooling of water in the body’s various tissues and blood vessels. This is due to the difference in pressure inside the capillaries, or the increased filtration of fluids from the walls, which keeps the water trapped inside the tissues causing swelling, Lymphocytes, which keeps them in the swelling tissues of the legs, feet and other parts of the body, and may retain fluids in the body due to lack of work of the heart, or lack of protein and vitamins B, or the occurrence of menstruation and pregnancy, or lack of exercise.
The majority of diuretics are associated with many negative effects, such as potassium deficiency, hyperuricemia, sodium deficiency in the blood, acid-base imbalance in the body, high levels of sugar and blood fat. For urine in food such as thyme; to avoid side effects symptoms, and to benefit from their nutritional components and their various health benefits.
Tips to take advantage of Thyme
The use of thyme, which works to lose weight by reducing the consumption of sodium and sugar, and the intake of sufficient protein and sources of vitamins B natural, and must follow a healthy diet, and exercise a lot of exercise.
Benefits of thyme
There are many benefits to bats, because of its content of volatile oils, antioxidants, and many other components, and the most important benefits of the following:
- May reduce blood pressure, heart rate in people with high blood pressure, and lower levels of cholesterol in the blood, and when using thyme instead of salt when eating, it is an anti-stress.
- Thyme oil extracted from its leaves is used to stop the cough; it relieves the symptoms of acute bronchitis by mixing it with the extract of the ivy plant. Thyme leaves can be mixed with tea and drink; to treat sore throat and cough problems.
- Strengthens the immune system because of its high content of vitamins A and C, which fight colds and purify the body of toxins and free radicals.
- Thyme oil can be used as a disinfectant for the atmosphere; it protects against rotting inside the house; because of its content of thymol, which also eliminates pests, insects, mosquitoes, bacteria, viruses, rats and mice, and can be used by mixing four drops of oil Thyme with a teaspoon of olive oil, or mix five drops of thyme oil with about 50 ml of water, and use this homemade cleanser at home.
- It cleanses and moisturizes the mouth, as well as some toothpastes, gargling liquids, and mouthwashes.
- Thyme oil modifies mood, positively affects the activity of the nervous system by calming the nerves, and giving positive feeling to individuals.
- Combines acne and pimples; because of its anti-bacterial properties, it contains active benzoyl peroxide compound, which enters into the manufacture of lots of creams and facial lotions for people with acne problem.
- It may protect against colon cancer and breast cancer, by eliminating cancer cells and disrupting the function of genes responsible for their formation, especially in the case of breast cancer.
- May treat the common disease of the mouth and vagina.
- Helps to treat and prevent eczema, as it treats many skin problems.
- Thyme oil keeps the heart healthy because of the active properties it contains, strengthens it, and adjusts its function by maintaining the function of valves, arteries and veins correctly.
- Treats arthritis and pain resulting from it.
- It stimulates menstrual bleeding, which is caused by hormonal disorders affecting women. It regulates the menstrual period in women. This alleviates the symptoms of depression, fatigue, abdominal pain, nausea associated with delayed menstruation. Thyme helps produce estrogen and delays menopause.