Ginger and its benefits
The ginger (Zingiber officinale) belongs to the ginger family; its stems and ginger roots grow underground, and its roots are the part of the plant. Ginger is renowned for its various preventive and curative medical benefits, including:
- Protection of the heart muscle and blood vessels.
- Relieve pain associated with arthritis.
- Reduce swelling in muscles and joints.
- Improve your mood and feel comfortable ..
- Relieve pain associated with asthma, bronchitis, and accelerate healing.
- Protect brain cells, and strengthen the body’s immune system.
- Treatment of some cancers such as colorectal cancer.
The nutritional value of ginger
The following table shows the dietary composition of each 100 g of fresh ginger:
|Food ingredient||Nutritional value|
|Total fat||0.75 grams|
|vitamin C||5 milligrams|
|Vitamin B1||0.025 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.034 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.75 milligrams|
|Vitamin B6||0.16 milligrams|
|Folic acid||11 micrograms|
|Vitamin B12||0 μg|
|Vitamin Y||0.26 milligrams|
|Vitamin K||0.1 μg|
Benefits of Ginger for Slimming
Ginger plays a vital and important role in solving various gastrointestinal problems such as stomach disorders and nausea, facilitates digestion, increases bowel activity, and helps absorb substances and nutrients such as fats and proteins because it contains an enzyme that helps to increase lactic enzyme and other digestive enzymes. The problem of gas and colon problems, and also enhances the functions of the digestive system significantly, it helps significantly to lose weight, especially in people who suffer from excessive obesity, also reduces the proportion of bad cholesterol in the blood, and reduces the proportion of Fat surrounding the abdomen.
Nigella helps the success of weight loss diets. It reduces appetite and appetite, reduces hunger and gives you a sense of satiety, which means less calories. This is a weight loss program if ginger is included in a healthy diet for weight loss.
How Ginger Works For Slimming
Ginger is best known for its ability to lose weight as a strong natural food, for the following reasons:
- May increase and enhance fat burning processes by increasing the speed and efficiency of metabolism.
- Because of its high content of dietary fiber, it promotes satiety.
- Protects the stomach from ulcers that may affect it, by increasing the secretion of salivary materials.
- Introduces the expansion of blood vessels and improves blood circulation, thus enhancing the efficiency of metabolic processes significantly in the body.
- Some studies suggest that people who eat ginger lose about 20 percent more fat than people who do not.
Ginger Recipes for Slimming
Ginger can be added to a lot of dishes and daily food in various forms, whether fresh, dried or fresh, and can be boiled with water and lemon and drink, can also be added cinnamon to him, and the recipes slimming, which includes ginger, the following:
Ginger, lemon and cinnamon recipe
This recipe can be prepared by mixing two teaspoons of ground cinnamon with a glass of water, leaving the mixture boiling, then add a teaspoon of ground ginger to the mixture, and leave it to boil with stirring, and after pouring the mixture in the cup can be dissolved with a teaspoon of honey and add some slices Lemon to mix, so as to get a healthy drink burning fat, and goes with antioxidants.
Ginger, lemon, honey and grapefruit recipe
To prepare this recipe, bring two ripe grapefruit fruit, three pieces of lemon, a large piece of fresh ginger and a large spoonful of honey. The whole ingredients are placed after preparation and cut into small pieces in the blender, mixed to get homogenous juice, and then sweetened It is recommended to drink this juice before eating each meal. This juice has a real effect and benefits, including boosting metabolism, detoxifying the body, drinking it several times a day and including it in the daily weight loss program. .
Ginger consumption precautions
Although ginger is classified within safe plants, it has some side effects if consumed in excessive amounts, and some of these symptoms:
- The consumption of ginger in large quantities may lead to heartburn, diarrhea, increased bleeding of menstruation in women, and may irritate the skin in some people if touched the outer skin layer.
- Ginger may interact with diabetes medications. Ginger consumption increases insulin levels or lowers blood sugar. Therefore, diabetics may need to talk to their doctor if they decide to incorporate ginger into their daily diet.
- May interact with high blood pressure medications. Excessive consumption of ginger in conjunction with high blood pressure medications may aggravate the problem. It reduces blood pressure. Consumption by high pressure patients may endanger their health and lead to arrhythmias.
- Ginger may increase the risk of bleeding, if you interact with blood thinners, such as clopidogrel (plavix), warfarin (coumadin), and aspirin.